- NAH 941
- 1952 Bristol KSW
- Engine - Gardner 5LW
- Bodywork - ECW H32/28R
- Body number - 6056
- Chassis number - 92116
New to Eastern Counties in 1952, LKH 341 was the last "K" type to operate in public service with the company. This double- decker was purchased by a Suffolk manufacturing firm to transport staff before being bought by a consortium of ECOS members 1976, passing to the Society shortly after for preservation.
The bodywork is the last design produced by ECW before the Lodekka, the KSW is a derivative of the Bristol K-series double-decker, the S standing for the longer version at 27ft long and the W standing for “Wide” at 8ft. There are many examples of the Bristol K type in preservation but 341 is the only one of its configuration out of 614 built. The vehicle had the highbridge body which had a centre gangway upstairs rather than the side gangway of other types in the series.
The vehicle is undergoing restoration and the picture shows progress as at September 2008.
- 1.8.52 First licensed to Norwich Surrey Street
- 1.6.71 Great Yarmouth
- 31.8.71 De-licensed
- by 2.74 Harleston Industries, Harleston
- by 3.74 Howard Rotavators, Harleston
- 7.76 Purchased by a consortium of 6 ECOS members
- Purchased by Eastern Counties Omnibus Society